1) Outdoor Supply Hardware Information:
Note: Cannot be empty, without the original label, or leaking
2) PaintCare Recycling Program: (resource from City website on ESD page ) (The accepted/not accepted list is the same as Outdoor Supply Hardware)
Find A Location Nearby HERE: https://www.paintcare.org/states/california/#/everyone
3) Santa Clara County Program for Household Hazardous Waste: (takes paint, paint thinner, and all toxic, hazardous paint-related products)
- Face coverings will be worn by all staff and will be required for all residents dropping off waste. Please note, residents may be turned away if they arrive without a face covering.
- For the safety and well being of the public and our staff, have all of the waste in the rear of the vehicle and not in the passenger areas. For regular vehicles place the waste in the trunk, for trucks place the waste in the bed and for SUVs/hatchbacks place the waste at the rear of the vehicle.
- Do not have any non-waste items in or around the waste in order for the waste being disposed to be easily identifiable.
- Have the waste in disposable containers as no containers will be returned (totes, boxes, crates, etc…).
HHW drop-off Locations:
- Site addresses and directions to the facilities are only made available to residents at time-of-appointment
- Must make a appointment by calling (408) 299-7300 or at this website: https://eservices.sccgov.org/HHWAppointment/Home/EventsList
- Use this Schedule https://hhw.sccgov.org/sites/g/files/exjcpb1136/files/documents/Operating%20Schedule_1.pdf
4) Link to Recycling Guide for San Jose: https://sanjoserecycles.org/guide/paint/
What Paint Can Be Recycled/ Put in Garbage (In your home recycling bin)?
- Recycle empty paint cans. Residual paint must be dry and the lid must be removed. All other paint, including spray paint, is hazardous waste and can be disposed of for free through the County Household Hazardous Waste Program.
- Dried latex paint, dry brushes and rollers is OK to place in the garbage.
- Wet brushes and rollers are hazardous waste.